Becoming a shelter care volunteer includes scheduled positions based on your interest. You can choose from for kennel and shelter cleaning, animal socializing, assisting in transporting animals to and from shelter, bathing animals, grooming animals, playing with animals, and overall animal care of shelter pets.
Some current volunteer opportunities:
- AM Dog or Cat Kennel Attendant (Shift runs from 8:15a - 10a) *Must be over 18 years of age
- PM Dog or Cat Kennel Attendant (Shift runs 4:30p - 5:30p)
- Cat Socializer (Varying shifts Tuesday - Friday from 10:00a - 6:00p)
- Dog Walker / Socializer (Varying shifts Tuesday - Friday from 10:00a - 6:00p and night shifts daily from 8:30p-9:30p)
- Office Assistant/Adoption Assistant - Train to assist greeting visitors and assisting in adoptions.
- Event Volunteers
To volunteer at the shelter, please contact Jennifer at 605-664-4244 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.